This is the first presentation of updates for the DE and Mathematical Functions programs of Maple 18. It includes several improvements, all in the Mathematical Functions sector, as well as some fixes. The update and instructions for its installation are available on the Maplesoft R&D webpage for DEs and mathematical functions. Some of the items below were mentioned here in Mapleprimes - you are welcome to present suggestions or issues; if possible they will be addressed right away in the next update.
- Filling gaps in the FunctionAdvisor regarding all the 6 complex components: abs, argument, conjugate, Im, Re, signum, as well as regarding Heaviside (step function), Dirac, min and max.
- Fix the simplification and differentation rule for doublefactorial
- Make convert(..., hypergeometric) work the same way as convert(blabla, hypergeom)
- Implement integral forms for Heaviside(z) and JacobiAM(z, k) via convert(..., Int)
- Implement appropriate display for the inert %intat function as well as its conversion to the inert Int
- Make the FunctionAdvisor/DE return not just the PDE system satisfied by f(z, k) = JacobiAM(z, k)and also (new) the ODE satisfied by f(z) = JacobiAM(z, k)
- Fix conversion rule from Heaviside(z) to Sum
- Fix unexpected error interruption when differentiating min(...) and max(...) containing more than three arguments
- Fix issue in simplify/conjugate
- Improvement in expand/int: factors in disguise are put outside the integration sign
- Various improvements in the case of multiple integrals involving the Dirac function
- Make Intat fully inert (before it was evaluating its arguments)
- Make value of inert indexed objects work
Edgardo S. Cheb-Terrab
Physics, Differential Equations and Mathematical Functions, Maplesoft