Several Maple T.A. users have developed comprehensive sets of question content and assignments to support full courses in Maple T.A. These questions are available through the Maple T.A. Cloud, and we have decided to also post the associated course modules on Maple Primes as an alternative way of accessing this content.
Below you will find a link to the Calculus 1 Maple T.A.. course module developed by the University of Guelph. This course material also forms part of Teaching Calculus with Maple: A Complete Kit, which provides lectures notes, Maple demonstrations, Maple T.A. assignments, and more for teaching both Calculus 1 and Calculus 2.
This testing content is freely distributed, and can be used in your own Maple T.A. tests either as-is, or with edits.
The Calculus 1 course module is designed to accompany the first semester of an introductory honours calculus course. The course is intended primarily for students who need or expect to pursue further studies in mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering and computer science.
- trigonometry including the compound angle formulas
- inequalities and absolute values
- limits and continuity using rigorous definitions, the derivative and various applications (extreme, related rates, graph sketching)
- Rolle's Theorem and the Mean Value Theorem for derivatives
- the differential and anti-differentiation
- the definite integral with application to area problems
- the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- logarithmic and exponential functions
- the Mean Value Theorem for Integrals
The Calculus 2 course module is designed to accompany the second semester of an introductory honours calculus course.
- inverse trigonometric functions
- hyperbolic functions
- L'Hôpital's Rule
- techniques of integration
- parametric equations
- polar coordinates
- Taylor and MacLaurin series
- functions or two or more variables
- partial derivatives
- multiple integration
Maplesoft Product Manager, Maple T.A.