Dear forum users/ admins, I have some questions regarding the wind turbine vibrations model based on the MapleSim gallery. I am a new user, went through some tutorials and am currently trying to understand how the system works.
I will try to deliver my questions based on the pictures shown below:
1. After running the model, 2 results were shown. One is "Latest Results" and the other is "zeta=0.01". Based on the images above, there is a comment that the result was dated Feb 14 2013. Is this the result on which the day the model was created? If it is, is it programmed to be in the result file everytime the simulation runs?
2. If I untick "zeta=0.01", a red graph appears, which says Latest Result. But the graphs are not labelled. How can I label this graph in MapleSim?
3. I would also like to ask, what type of vibrations are occuring in the model, and what does the Deflection-Time graph means. Why does the deflection occur highest at 120s and then drops? Is it because the tower becomes stabilized after a while?
4. I understand that the model is run by a signal and fed into a speed component. May I know what is the f(critical) is, and how it affects the system?
5. From the Ramp signal, there is a "height" value. The pre-set value is 10. After changing this value, to lets say 50, the maximum deflections occur at a an earlier time as shown in the figure below:
6. I would like to understand how does the ramp affect the maximum deflection time that occurs.
Thank you very much!