We’re excited to bring you another Meet Your Developers post. This one comes from Senior Developer, Margaret Hinchcliffe.
- What do you do at Maplesoft?
I work on the software team that develops the user interface for Maplesoft products. In my time at Maple, I’ve worked on Maple, MapleSim, and MapleNet.
- What did you study in school?
I studied Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, in the Co-op program.
- What area(s) of Maple or MapleSim are you currently focusing on in your development?
I’m currently working on MapleNet and on ways to bring Maple functionality to the web.
- What’s the coolest feature of Maple or MapleSim that you’ve had a hand in developing?
I helped develop the feature that lets you embed videos in a Maple worksheet. I thought that was pretty cool.
- What do you like most about working at Maplesoft? How long have you worked here?
I celebrated my twentieth anniversary at Maplesoft this spring. Obviously, I like working here. What I like most is the opportunity to learn new skills in a supportive environment. Our company gym is pretty awesome, too.
- Favourite hobby?
I took up boxing a couple of years ago and I really enjoy it. It’s a great workout and there’s always something new to learn.
- What do you like on your pizza?
Pepperoni, mushrooms, and fresh basil.
- What’s your favourite movie?
The Wizard of Oz. When people say “The book is always better”, I point to this movie as a counterexample.
- What skill would you love to learn? Why?
I’d like to try archery. If nothing else, it would come in handy in a zombie apocalypse.
- Who’s your favourite mathematician?
Alan Turing. He made important contributions to computer science and he helped fight the Nazis.