In November, I posted a message announcing that we have been working on an updated version of the Application Center, and invited comments from anyone wanting to check out the beta site. I received multiple comments, both as comments to that post, as well as directly, and we made a lot of changes based on the feedback. Thank you very much to everyone who responded.
I am now very happy to report that the new Application Center is now open to the public!
For those who aren't familiar with it, the Application Center has been around for over 20 years, and it provides a place for our user community to post and share their work. It includes over over 2,700 applications and examples covering a wide array of topics and disciplines, and all are freely available to download.
The previous version of the Application Center was overdue for a refresh. And while we were in there applying a fresh coat of paint, we also took the opportunity to add some new features and capabilities that we hope you will enjoy. As a quick summary of what has changed:
- The look and feel has been significantly updated. It is cleaner, more modern and easier to use.
- In addition to search, user-created collections and tags make it easier than ever to find and discover content.
- Logged-in users can customize the site by pinning their favorite collections and content.
- Logged-in users can also take advantage of their community reputation to help maintain the content in MaplePrimes, and your contributions will now contribute to your reputation scores. For example, when someone likes one of your apps, your reputation score will be increased by 5.
- In addition to Maple content, Maple Flow documents are also now included. The collection is very small right now, but it will grow quickly.
There are plenty of other features and enhancements as well.
So without further ado, I invite you to check out the Application Center and to continue to provide your comments and suggestions!