I have a brand new Dell Laptop in which Maple 10 simply will not load. When I double click the icon, nothing happens. There is an item that Maple puts into the Windows task manager process viewer "maplew.exe" but nothing loads.
When I built the computer, I installed my software in the following order.
1) I performed all the windows updates (both high priority and optional)
2) installed Mcafee Virus Scanner
3) installed Microsoft Office 2003 (and did all the updates)
4) installed Sun's Java Runtime environment and did all the updates
5) installed Maple 10
6) tried loading maple but with no success
7) patched maple to 10.05
8) tried loading maple but with no success
9) patched maple to 10.06
10) tried loading maple but with no success
What suggestions do you have to get this software to work?