NEWEST VERSION OF MAPLESOFT’S FLAGSHIP PRODUCT DRAMATICALLY IMPROVES USER EXPERIENCE
Maple 11 is the Ideal Tool for Engineers and Scientists to Streamline and Increase Quality of Analytical Work
WATERLOO, CANADA, January 8, 2007 — Maplesoft™, the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science and mathematics, announced a major release of Maple™, the company’s flagship product. Maple 11 features enhancements to its smart document interface, strong computation engine, and connectivity capabilities. The result is a product that provides users the necessary technology to reduce error and dramatically increase analytical productivity.
With Maple 11, the company is advancing the revolutionary technical document interface technology it introduced two years ago. The new release combines the world’s most powerful mathematical computation engine with an intuitive user-interface that eliminates the learning curve so common with other mathematical software. Its smart document environment automatically captures all technical knowledge in an electronic form that seamlessly integrates calculations, explanatory text and math, graphics, images and sound, and more. These concise live documents can be reused or shared across the organization.
“We initiated a radical change in the industry when we launched Maple 10 with its superior technical document and knowledge sharing capabilities”, said Maplesoft CEO Jim Cooper. “It changed the way people worked and Maple 11 represents another important leap forward in this direction. It is the leading tool for engineers and scientists to streamline and increase the quality of their analytical work. It also represents Maplesoft’s commitment to transforming the way our customers use technology.”
Maple 11 is supported by an extensive range of products for various industrial applications including automotive, aerospace, electronics, energy and finance. Companion products include automatic model generation, optimal design tools, intelligent control design, reference e-books, and more.
Maple 11 has a vastly improved computation engine that includes new mathematics, user-level multithreaded computations and the world’s best certified polynomial real root finder. The smart document environment minimizes the learning curve, providing instant productivity. Whether it is to do quick calculations, develop design sheets, or produce sophisticated high fidelity simulation models, Maple 11 raises the bar for industry-leading mathematical power and provides a whole new level of analytical productivity.
- Self-documenting context menus perform calculations and give a description of the steps.
- Enhanced plotting capabilities: ability to use natural math notation in titles, legends, labels and tick marks; support for international characters; extensive plot annotation capabilities such as sketching, adding text and math, and drawing lines, shapes and arrows using new drawing canvas tools.
- New point-and-click task assistants: Backsolver, Special Functions and Scientific Constants assistants.
- Ability to turn documents into an instant slide-show.
- Annotation capabilities to provide supplementary information such as references to text and math.
- The handwriting recognition feature lets you try out a preview version of developing technology for understanding handwritten mathematics.
- Inter-document equation references that allow users to work on calculations with equations from other documents.
- New specialty packages for Graph Theory, Physics and Differential Geometry.
- Improvements to Differential Equation and Differential Algebraic Equation solvers, including new methods and enhanced support for large systems.
- The world's best certified polynomial real root finder, incorporating the RS library, guaranteed to find real roots of polynomial systems. This solver is the fastest in the world for finding all real roots, due to the incorporation of the renowned FGb library, the world’s most efficient Groebner bases engine.
- Numerous improvements and additions, including multi-core processor support, numeric integration and summation, vector calculus, and more.
- Excel import and export capabilities integrated with interactive tools as well as available programmatically.
- Improved MATLAB®) connectivity.
- Image Tools package offers improved performance and newly-added manipulation and viewing commands.
Maple 11 will begin shipping in March 2007. For professional licenses, Maple 11 is available for $1895 USD. In addition to Maple 11, customers will also receive the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB®, MapleNet, and a one year subscription to the Maplesoft Elite Maintenance Program which offers product updates and other benefits. Customers purchasing/upgrading between January and March, will immediately receive the same package based on Maple 10, which will be automatically upgraded to Maple 11 in March. Academic, upgrade, and volume discounts are available. For more information, please contact Maplesoft Sales at 1-800-267-6583, email email@example.com or visit http://www.maplesoft.com. Outside of the United States and Canada, contact a Maplesoft reseller partner.
For more information, please contact:
519.747.2373 ext. 352
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.