MAPLESOFT’S LATEST TESTING SOLUTIONS PRODUCT OFFERS MAJOR ADVANCEMENTS IN ASSESSMENT TECHNOLOGY
Maple T.A. 3.0 is the only system designed specifically for courses using mathematics
Waterloo, Canada, January 8, 2007: Maplesoft™, the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science and mathematics, today announced significant enhancements to Maple T.A.™, its Web-based testing and assessment system. The new version, Maple T.A. 3.0, features increased flexibility in content creation, an enhanced user interface, and improved grading and assessment capabilities. The product supports complex, free-form entry of mathematical equations and intelligent evaluation of responses, making it the only system designed for mathematics, science, or any course requiring mathematics.
“Maplesoft’s decades of experience in the academic market, expertise in creating dynamic technology solutions, and our collaboration with leading institutions in math education have resulted in a product that instructors can place their full trust in,” said Jim Cooper, Maplesoft CEO. “The latest release of Maple T.A. is a more intelligent and integrated product, and is the system of choice for creating content, testing, and assessment in the math education world.”
Built on the power of Maple™, Maplesoft’s software product for solving complex mathematical problems, Maple T.A. 3.0 provides new benefits that make the product more adaptable and easier to use.
- New text editor integrated into all question types provides the flexibility to easily add formatted math, images, and font styles
- Enhanced Question Designer provides an efficient question composition environment that supports all algorithm types and entry of hints, feedback, algorithms, and solutions, from within the question creation screen
- Expanded multiple choice questions allow response-specific feedback and the ability to stabilize some choices, while others permute
- Improvements to layout, navigation, and menus make the system more intuitive and easier to use
- Authentication via LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) allows integration of Maple T.A. with a campus database
- Single sign-on for all classes provides a convenient starting point for students and instructors
- Better defined roles and privileges provide greater access control than before
- Completely redesigned Gradebook offers analysis, report generation, and export tools
- Provides multiple windows on student data and enables force-grading of open assignments
- Ability to edit assignment policies when there are active assignments
- Flexibility to set timelines for grading and feedback
Launched in 2002, Maple T.A. has been widely adopted by colleges and universities worldwide. Indian River Community College in Florida developed an Online Tutorial Program based on Maple T.A. The program won the League Connection’s 2006 Innovation of the Year Award for outstanding innovation and is among the top 10 finalists for the Bellwether Award by the 2007 Community College Futures Assembly (result to be announced later this month). “The infusion of technology using Maple T.A has improved the success rate in college algebra and increased the number of students attempting more advanced math courses”, said Professor Asoka Peiris, Math Department Chair.
Pricing and Availability
Maple T.A. 3.0 is available for single classes, departments and entire institutions. For single classes of less than 100 students, instructors can implement the system for less than $1000 US. Institutions can either host the system on their servers or choose a Maplesoft hosted option.
Maplesoft offers free evaluation classes to interested instructors. For more information on Maple T.A., contact Maplesoft Sales at 1-800-267-6583, email email@example.com or visit http://www.maplesoft.com. Outside of the United States and Canada, contact a Maplesoft reseller partner.
For more information, please contact:
519.747.2373 ext. 352