My OS is Windows 7 64-bit
I can't install the Physics Updates package in Maple 2020.1 and I'm looking for suggestions from anyone who has managed to do this, particularly on the above OS
Detailed timeline Nad what I have tried so far
- A couple of days ago I upgraded to Maple 2020.1
- I immediately started getting random warnings in Maple worksheets, which essentially stated that the installed Physics package (version 707) was designed for MAple 2020.0 and needed to be updated. However when I checked for \Physics updates none were available.
- So far, not a big problem, I figured the a Physics Update appropriate for Maple 2020.1would become available over the next few days
- Today I noticed that Physics Updates version 708 was available, and I made the rash(?) assumption that this would be the version I need for use with Maple 2020.1, so I tried to install it
- Using the icon in the top right of the the Maple worksheet in the usual way, I tried to install this update. The relevant pop-up finishes the download process, statrts the installlation process, gets about halfway through then stops along with another pop-up saying that mserver.exe has stopped working. Since the installation process was getting nowhere, I shut down Maple.
- Restarting Maple, and executing Physics:-Version(), I get the output `The "Physics Updates" version "708" is installed but is not active. The active version of Physics is within the library C:\\Program Files\\Maple 2020\\lib\\maple.mla, created 2020, March 5, 1:36 hours`. So maybe it did install? No, the "default location" for this package (which on my system is C:\Users\TomLeslie\maple\toolbox) contains a 'Physics Updates' folder, but the only thing in it is a 'version.txt file, which (amongst other things) contains the line cloud-version: 708.
- Normallly this 'Physics Updates' folder should contain a 'lib' subfolder, which in turn contains the file 'Physics Updates.maple' - but none of these exist, so I'm not convinced by the statement in (6) above that `The "Physics Updates" version "708" is installed
- At this stage I go into debug mode, and amognst other things, I have tried
- Repeat the process in (5)-(7) above - same result (including the mserver.exe crash)
- Delete the default installation folder C:\Users\TomLeslie\maple\toolbox\Physics Updates, and repeat the process in (5)-(7) above - same result (including the mserver.exe crash)
- Try 8.1 and 8.2 above running as administrator - same result
- Figure that maybe I have totally screwed my Maple 2020 installation, so reinstalled it, reactivated it, and updated it to 2020.1
- Repeated steps 8.1 to 8.3 above with exactly the same result
- Decide I am getting nowhere, so delete the folder C:\Users\TomLeslie\maple\toolbox\Physics Updates. The command Physics:-Version(); now returns `The "Physics Updates" package is not installed` so I assume I'm running on the Physics version which actually ships with the Maple 2020 release
- All suggestion for getting Physics updates running with Maple 2020.1 on 64-bit Windows 7 will be gratefully received