I solve numerically an ODE system which depends on 25 parameters.
I want to know the maximum value of the time at which a specific event is triggered, when these parameters vary (independently the one of the other) within a 25 dimensional hyperbox.
To solve this maximization problem, which I assume is local1, I would like to use NLPSolve
The attached zip (I use Mac OSX) contains:
- a file that gives a full description of the problem (the original ".pages" file and its export as pdf),
- an m file wich contains the solution procedure plus a few other variables needed to solve the problem,
- the mw file which contains:
- the reading of the m file,
- the procedure (OBJ) which returns the trigerring time,
- many attemps to find its maximum value using NLPSolve.
None of my attempts at using NLPSolve gave me the expected answer
Could you help me to fix this?
Thanks in advance
1: Initializing a local method (see the explanation file) with different points gave me different optimizers but all of them led to rather close values of the objective function. Thus the problem is either global instead of local, or convergence might not be achieved for all the initialization points (but keep in mind that I'm not interested in the location of the minimizer(s) but in the maximum value of if the time when the event is triggered).