Just experienced a strange response from Maple when I changed the Font anti-aliasing to enabled.
With Font anti-aliasing disabled I ran evalf(Pi,100) and Maple returned 100 digits - no problem. I then did some other errands in other programs leaving Maple idle, when I came back I thought I would change anti-aliasing to enabled and see if maybe that's the reason why some users are experiencing icons disappearing etc..
Well I re entered and evalueated evalf(Pi,100) and Maple only output 10 digits. Huh??? What!? Why? changed font anti-aliasing back but no joy. So I closed Maple and I got a pop up
Maybe it was hiding behind Maple I don't know but I don't think it was there until I closed Maple. It seems this OpenJDK platform I believe is causing a lot of Maple issues.
Whoa! That's really odd. My restart was with Maple Font anti-aliasing enabled I performed a evalf(Pi,100) and no problem. I changed to Font anti-aliasing disabled and evalf(Pi,100) presented me with 10 digits!
What the heck is going on. This font anti-aliasing enabled caused my Maple to slow down as the screen filled up (as I recorded in a earlier post months ago) and now toggling anti-aliasing causes the outputs to not work as expected. It's gotta be an open JDK issue. (FYI closing Maple did not produce the same pop-up as earlier - I expect idling maple for a while might)