Maplesoft regularly hosts live webinars on a variety of topics. Below you will find details on upcoming webinars we think may be of interest to the MaplePrimes community. For the complete list of upcoming webinars, visit our website.
Case Study: Transforming a University's Placement Testing Process
This webinar will feature the story of how the University of the Virgin Islands moved their placing testing process from paper and pen to using the Mathematical Association of America’s (MAA) placement tests offered through the Maple T.A. testing environment. Instructors at the university now handpick questions to create their own placement tests that best fit the course they are teaching. From there, they are able to analyze the data and craft lessons based on student performance. The end result is that students are more satisfied with the education they are receiving and instructors have made enormous gains with regards to efficiency and flexibility.
To join us for the live presentation with Dr. Celil Ekici from the University of the Virgin Islands, please click here to register.
Getting Started with Maple
This webinar is designed for the user who comes to Maple for the first time. It will demonstrate “how to get started” by clarifying the user interface and the ways math can be entered into Maple, and then “processed.” Coverage includes
- Entering mathematical expressions and interacting with them in a syntax-free way.
- The difference between input in mathematical notation and “linear” or text form.
- The role of the Context Sensitive Menu system for interacting with mathematical objects.
- Graphing and interacting with various types of graphs, including animations, surfaces, and implicit plots.
- Use of built-in tools such as Assistants, Tutors, and Task Templates.
- The Maple help system and the Maple Portal.
- Introduction to differential equations and matrix manipulations.
To join us for the live presentation, please click here to register.