I don't really have anything prepared for today, so I'd like to ask you a few questions about the posts I've made so far. My goal for this blog was to give typical Maple programmers the information they needed to start trying parallel programming.
- My posts progressed fairly quickly, building up to the the Task Programming Model. Did I move too quickly? Were there topics that I did not explain well enough or that you felt needed more explaination?
- As my goal was to present the Task Programming Model, I skipped a deeper explaination of Threads:-Create style of programming. Would you like to know more about that type of low level threaded programming?
- Most of the examples I used were artifical ones that illustrated the points I was trying to make. Would you have prefered real world examples instead?
- Did reading my posts get you to actually try writing a parallel algorithm? If yes, did you succeed? If no, why not?
- Was the formatting ok, especially the code? Each post included an worksheet containing the examples from the post so I did not worry too much about ease of copy and paste.
- What else would you like to know about? I am definitely planning a post on GPU computing, but since it is not really a Maple topic I delayed it till after I am finished with the Maple topics.
Any other feedback you would like to provide would also be appreciated, although I'd like to keep focused on the topics discussed in my blog, and less about Maple in general.