This is not a question, but an answer. I have just installed Maple 11 under Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn and I thought I would share my experience.
1) Log in to an account with sudo rights.
2) Insert the Maple 11 cd for Linux. When asked about what to do with it, mount it.
3) Open a terminal and write
sudo sh ./installMapleLinux32
4) Enter your password.
5) For the location of the installation, I entered /usr/local/maple11 instead of the default.
6) After the installation (and the activation) is complete, I created two symbolic links as follows: on the terminal, write
ln -s /usr/local/maple11/bin/xmaple
ln -s /usr/local/maple11/bin/maple
7) That is all!