I’m starting a large project in education for which I can see great potential in the use of the “MapleCloud”. For many of the students, the ability to see information on their phone is a game-changer. Hence while my students do have access to Maple on their computers, they are more willing to check out a worksheet if they can view it in a browser.
Unfortunately, in the little time that I have started using MapleCloud, and sharing my work with others, numerous issues have arisen. Some examples:
* the file system is too simplistic and can be overwhelmed easily as I add content;
* the group sharing system is too limited – one must log on, which is not true for worksheets;
* the display of the mathematics is sufficiently quirky that it is not easy to read;
* the hiding of input mathematics appears not to work;
* plots, animations and the output of the Explore function fails too frequently.
So, my questions:
1) are you using MapleCloud, and
2) if so, for what?
3) And if you are using MapleCloud, do you have similar problems?
4) Have you developed solutions that you would be willing to share.
If there is no interest, I’ll look in another direction. But if there is sufficient interest, I would hope Maplesoft notices and works to correct and improve. Some of it may be my own failing to understand Maple, but instead of overwhelming MaplePrimes with questions, I would rather converse with similar interested folks.