Onnimikki

James Smith

45 Reputation

4 Badges

15 years, 89 days
York University
Associate Lecturer

Social Networks and Content at Maplesoft.com

MaplePrimes Activity


These are replies submitted by Onnimikki

This is a screenshot of the folder with the Java jar files.  No jopenmaple.jar here.

@Graham Hi Graham.  Part of your reply is blank.  Can you repost?

 

Thanks!

 

James

@Graham Hi Graham.  Part of your reply is blank.  Can you repost?

 

Thanks!

 

James

@Graham Fantastic.  Thanks.  It does the trick.  On a related topic, I'd like to filter the results that GetEquations gives me by using wildcards like stars and question marks when applying 'filter', but they seem to generate errors.  When I put in the full name of the variable of interest I get the result I want, like this:

 

> A:-GetEquations('output' = definitions, 'params' = all, 'filter' = {MainProbe1p1v});
/ R2 v(t)\
{ MainProbe1p1v(t) = - ------- }
\ R1 /
 
But it would be really useful if I could add wildcards.
 
Thanks!
 
James

@Graham Fantastic.  Thanks.  It does the trick.  On a related topic, I'd like to filter the results that GetEquations gives me by using wildcards like stars and question marks when applying 'filter', but they seem to generate errors.  When I put in the full name of the variable of interest I get the result I want, like this:

 

> A:-GetEquations('output' = definitions, 'params' = all, 'filter' = {MainProbe1p1v});
/ R2 v(t)\
{ MainProbe1p1v(t) = - ------- }
\ R1 /
 
But it would be really useful if I could add wildcards.
 
Thanks!
 
James

Hi Graham,

It appears that I hadn't quite figured it out the last time.  "GetEquations" worked but only because I was selecting the main system and not the subsystem.  So now I can get the equations if I look at the main part of the model.  I now have a different issue: in the equations template I can't get the symbolic feature to work.

I've defined Parameters (Ress1 and Ress2) within the main model.  These are assigned to the two resistor components.  In the equation attachment I make sure to "Toggle Symbolic" so that the "X" appears in the Symbolic column.  MainRess1 and MainRess2 appear as parameters, too.

At the end of the template I run A:-GetEquations('output'=all) and equations are generated. (great!)  However, the equation I'm interested in

has the numerical values of the resistors (5 and 3) and not the parameter names. 

I've attached the model.  Any hints as to what I might be doing wrong would be helpful.

 

thanks,

 

James

OpAmpInverter_v.msim

Hi Graham,

It appears that I hadn't quite figured it out the last time.  "GetEquations" worked but only because I was selecting the main system and not the subsystem.  So now I can get the equations if I look at the main part of the model.  I now have a different issue: in the equations template I can't get the symbolic feature to work.

I've defined Parameters (Ress1 and Ress2) within the main model.  These are assigned to the two resistor components.  In the equation attachment I make sure to "Toggle Symbolic" so that the "X" appears in the Symbolic column.  MainRess1 and MainRess2 appear as parameters, too.

At the end of the template I run A:-GetEquations('output'=all) and equations are generated. (great!)  However, the equation I'm interested in

has the numerical values of the resistors (5 and 3) and not the parameter names. 

I've attached the model.  Any hints as to what I might be doing wrong would be helpful.

 

thanks,

 

James

OpAmpInverter_v.msim

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the answer.  It appears that there is a problem with the name of my subsystem.  I had originally named it Mysubsystem_1.  When I tried to extract equations it did not produce any DAEs.  However, I changed the subsystem name to AA and DAEs appeared.  Go figure.  Perhaps the underscore in the original name was doing something.  I don't know but perhaps this should be checked prior to releasing MapleSim 6.

I've attached the file.  You'll notice that I changed the subsystem name as well as the values of the resistors (so that the effect of the resistors on the amplification of the signal is obvious in the equations).OpAmpInverter_v4_new.msim

 

all the best,

 

James

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the answer.  It appears that there is a problem with the name of my subsystem.  I had originally named it Mysubsystem_1.  When I tried to extract equations it did not produce any DAEs.  However, I changed the subsystem name to AA and DAEs appeared.  Go figure.  Perhaps the underscore in the original name was doing something.  I don't know but perhaps this should be checked prior to releasing MapleSim 6.

I've attached the file.  You'll notice that I changed the subsystem name as well as the values of the resistors (so that the effect of the resistors on the amplification of the signal is obvious in the equations).OpAmpInverter_v4_new.msim

 

all the best,

 

James

OpAmpInverter_v.msim

 

hi.  Here's the file.

 

James

Page 1 of 1