Thomas Dean

162 Reputation

7 Badges

15 years, 175 days

MaplePrimes Activity


These are replies submitted by Thomas Dean

@acer 

interface(ansi=false) in .mapleinit fixed the problem.

Thanks

I use linux and command line maple 2019, running in an xterm, with courier 12 font.

When I type, for example, a 'y', it looks like a courier 'y'.  If I then press a space bar, the character changes, so it looks more like a 'u' with an underscore.  If I do this in an xterm not running maple, the character remains looking like a courier 12 'y'.

This echoed character must be coming from maple.

How do I fix this?

I use Maple 2019 and have not seen this.

How long does it freeze?  Is it just busy?  How about CPU usage?

I recently browsed through the maplesoft applications.  I poined it out, hoping it would help.

Maybe someone will be able to help tomorrow or Monday.

I use linux and command line maple 2019.  The font is controlled by the xterm.

alias maple='/usr/bin/xterm -T Maple -j -sk -sl 1000 -bc -bg white -fg black -geometry 80x55 -fa "Courier" -fs 12 -e /usr/local/maple2019/bin/maple &'

Again, google and reading...

@Joe Riel 

 

It works fine, if I follow instructions and put the preprocessor commands in a file.

Sorry for the noise...

@Joe Riel 

    |\^/|     Maple 2016 (X86 64 LINUX)
._|\|   |/|_. Copyright (c) Maplesoft, a division of Waterloo Maple Inc. 2016
 \  MAPLE  /  All rights reserved. Maple is a trademark of
 <____ ____>  Waterloo Maple Inc.
      |       Type ? for help.
> $define Time(x) restart; \                                     
syntax error, missing operator or `;`:
>                 proc() \
>                 local data := [seq(1..10^6)]; \
>                     CodeTools:-Usage(proc() to 10^4 do \
>                                                 evalb(x) \
>                                             end do; \
>                                      end proc()); \
>                 end proc()

 

Should

N:=<M|<2,0,2,0>>;

be

N:=<M | <Y,E,A,R>>;

And, the result be

YEARs := [2002, 2013, 2020, 2024, 2035, 2046, 2057, 2068, 2079]

F := [x^2+y+z-1, y^2+x+z-1, z^2+x+y-1]:

soln := solve(F):

lprint("Equations:  ",F);
for s in soln do
  if nops([allvalues(s)]) = 1 then
    lprint("substitute: ",s);
    lprint("   results: ",subs(s,F));
  else
    for t in allvalues(s) do
      lprint("substitute: ",t);
      lprint("   results: ",evala(subs(t,F)));
    end do;
  end if;
end do;

 

evalf(solve(...)) and fsolve return solutions in different orders.  One gives the first real solution and the other gives the second real solution.

Thanks,

@Joe Riel 

It looks like the call to Solve has some side effect that causes BodePlot to fail

restart;
    
with(Syrup);
Syrup:-Version;
with(DynamicSystems):

check_bode := proc()
    sys := TransferFunction( 1/(s-10) ):
    BodePlot(sys);
end proc:

################################
## This works
check_bode();

ckt := [V, Rsrc(50), C1(15e-9), L1(15e-6), C2(22e-9), L2(15e-6), C3(22e-9), L3(15e-6), C4(15e-9), 1, Rload(50)];
################################
## This works
check_bode();

(sol, other) := Solve(ckt, 'ac', 'returnall');
################################
## This fails
check_bode();

################################
## This works
restart;
with(DynamicSystems):
sys := TransferFunction( 1600000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/(29403*s^7+78408000000*s^6+
670032000000000000*s^5+1298880000000000000000000*s^4+
4400400000000000000000000000000*s^3+5328000000000000000000000000000000000*s^2+
7360000000000000000000000000000000000000000*s+
3200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000) ):
BodePlot(sys);

 

@Joe Riel 

Yes, I omitted some print statements.  In the cut-paste process, I omitted:

(sol, other) := Solve(ckt, 'ac', 'returnall');

I am using Maple 2018. My Syrup version is 0.1.16.

@Carl Love 

@tomleslie 

Reducing the function f to 1 reduced the problem to the volume of a sphere.

I work in Emacs, so I do a lot of cut/paste.  But, I do have a typo problem.

Thanks,

Tom Dean

@tomleslie 

Thanks for correcting my (silly) error.

Looking at my schematic, I numbered both the top ends of R5A and R5B then gave the output of U1A and U1B different numbers!

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks

@Joe Riel 

I tried this with ngspice-28.  The result was similar to using the IdealOpAmp in the above ckt.

I re-ran the analog.com filter design tool and got the same design.pdf.  I sent an email to analog.com.  No reply, yet.

1 2 3 4 5 Page 2 of 5