Updates are now available for both Maple 18 and MapleSim 6.4.
Maple 18.02 contains improvements to many areas, including:
- Rendering of 2-D plots
- Help pages and examples
- Interactive components
- MATLAB 2014a support
- Math engine: Laplace transforms, complex floats, simplify
- Matrix import
- Context menus
- Memory management
- OpenMaple API
- Physics (details in comments)
To get this update, you can use Tools>Check for Updates from within Maple, or visit Maple 18.02 Downloads. (But depending on when you read this, Check for Updates may not have kicked in yet. If it doesn't find anything, wait until tomorrow morning and try again.)
For those users who haven't upgraded to MapleSim 7 yet, MapleSim 6.4.01 includes:
- Efficiency improvements to the simulation engine, taking advantage of enhancements in Maple 18.02
- Improvements to C code generation for model export
- Improved handling of indexed variables when generating Modelica code
In MapleSim, use Help>Check for Updates or visit MapleSim 6.4.02 Update. Note that MapleSim 6.4.02 is compatible with Maple 18.02. Upgrade your Maple 18 installation to Maple 18.02 before installing this MapleSim update.
Hi, we recently put together a web video on how memes spread on the internet using several visualizations generated from Maple 18:
Found the new ability to specify a background image for plots to be very helpful.